The term “personal data” is every piece of information with the help of which an individual person can be identified, either directly or indirectly. The term “processing” encompasses all those actions that include storage, collection, deletion, use and revelation of these information.
A data controller is a person or an entity responsible for collecting and processing personal data. In this case, it is Hours Informer, having its main base of operation in India.
Term and Termination
- If we want to provide you with any other marketing information.
Kinds of Personal Data we Collect
We always comply with the rules of data minimisation and collect only those data that will be absolutely necessary for us, and that will be necessary to make sure that you can use the website properly.
- As you visit us, we collect the IP address.
- As you fill the contact form, with the help of the contact form available on the website, we get your name, email address, your website if any and any other information that you decide to reveal.
- If you are submitting any comment under the articles, news and blog posts section, you have to create a profile on the website. Thus, we get access to your nickname or other relevant information.
Sensitive data – We never collect any sensitive data from you such as any information pertaining to your health, your political and religious interests, your racial origin, your sexual orientation etc.
The Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
We respect your need to protect your confidential information and collect personal data only due to specified and legal reasons. We use the data collected only for the following purposes:
- Helping you with the services you request from us., answering and responding to your queries etc.
- Verifying the contact details provided by you.
- Ensure that the website functions properly.
- Customise the content as per your location.
- Audit and security reasons.
- Sending you important notifications.
No Personal Data Collection
Sometimes we might collect some other non-personal data like the URL address of the websites clicked, operating systems and types of browser. This is required to analyse the types of visitors visiting our site, how they find our website, where else do they visit, how long they stay, etc.
Unless you have clear permission given to us, we never send you any newsletter, brochure or advertisement directly. We also do not make any phone call. You do have the option of opting out from these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link. You can also contact us directly from here.
Protection of Personal Data
We assure the adoption of every technical and organisational security measure, like limited access to your personal data, secured network, encryption and a lot more to prevent the revelation of your personal data. But you should be aware of the risks associated with using the internet and thus cannot hold us responsible for loss, leakage or falsification of any data caused by uncontrollable situations. We put every effort to prevent loss of data by any unauthorised use but also suggest you to communicate with us only with the help of secure networks.
Third-Party Access to Personal Data
In some cases, we have to disclose personal data to third parties. We do this only in the following cases:
- We have to provide you with the services, as requested.
- We have to pursue legitimate business interests.
- We have to enforce some law.
- If you have already provided your explicit consent.
We may also provide your information to the following third parties, who help us with some service.
- MailChimp, who is our newsletter provider.
- A2 Hosting, our data storage and hosting provider.
- Google Analytics who can be our information logistics provider.
- Advertising partners like Adsense, Amazon and Taboola.
- Push notification provider like OneSignal.
- Various other parties who help us in any kind of operation of the website.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside EEA
You can exercise the following rights related to your personal data:
- You are free to edit, delete, move or access or your personal data.
- You can ask us to restrict or object the processing of personal data.
- You can withdraw the consent provided by you at any time.
- If you want to launch a complaint pertaining to the way the data is handled, you have to contact us first. After that you will receive a confirmation, resulting in the processing of the complaint. We will provide you with a response within a timeframe not less than 2 weeks. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
Your personal data will stay with us only, as long as it is necessary. When we do not need it any more, we will delete it.
According to the terms and conditions, mentioned in the website, children below 13 cannot use the site. If any such rule has been violated, the parent or the guardian can connect us for destroying the personal data.
The websites may contain links to other websites. We do not take responsibility for the private practices of these third-party websites.
- Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- Network Impression Reporting.
- Integrated Services.
If you do not want to use our cookies, you can discontinue the use of the website or set your browser to refuse them. Some parts of the website may not function smoothly without the cookies.